At some point when you start travelling around Australia, you may want or need to stay in a caravan park. Caravan Parks in Australia come in all shapes and sizes. Many of these caravan parks belong to a chain or network of caravan parks and offer Caravan Park Membership. This means they can offer you discounts on your stay or reward you for staying in their parks.
But which Caravan Park Membership should you choose? Which one offers the most benefits and most importantly which one will suit your family and the way you like to travel?
We take a look at the most popular chains and the benefits their membership offers. And also take a look at a couple of membership options that are not attached to a particular park network.
Clean, friendly and value for money is what Kui Parks are all about. Originally targeted towards the ‘grey nomad’ community, many other travellers are recognising the value of these parks.
With 77 parks in their network, and now located in every state, you will often find these parks in smaller towns and communities.
- Membership is $35 for two years
- 10% off each stay to a maximum of $30
- Frequent Stayer Program gives you the opportunity to win a $50 voucher every month.
- Most of their parks are pet friendly.
- Most of their parks do not have seasonally adjusted rates.
REFLECTIONS HOLIDAY PARKS
Reflections Holiday Parks manage 37 coastal and inland holiday parks in NSW that are all located on Crown Land. They are located in arguably, some of the best locations in NSW. You can find them from Ballina all the way down to Wyangala Dam in Central West NSW. 29 of their 37 parks are pet-friendly.
The Reflections Rewards Club is free to join and you receive a $25.00 guest credit on joining. Other key benefits include:-
- Receive a $25 guest credit off your next eligible stay of $100 or more when you book direct at any park via phone, email or walk in.
- Access to Members-Only benefits and special offers.
- Spend $1,000 at any Reflections Holiday Park throughout the year, and look forward to receiving a $100 guest credit to use within 12 months of receipt.
BIG 4 HOLIDAY PARKS
Big 4 Holiday Parks are one of the larger and probably better known of all the caravan park chains in Australia. Their parks cater predominantly for families and many are like small resorts. They offer swimming pools, water play parks, jumping pillows etc. Some of them even have restaurants in them.
With over 180 parks Australia wide (except Tasmania) these parks are definitely all about relaxing and having fun.
Big 4 Holiday Perks+ membership is $50 for two years and will give you:-
- Discounts on every stay up to $50
- In-park perks such as early check in, late check out & free wi-fi
- Exclusive member only offers
- Exclusive holiday deals
G’Day Rewards is the Rewards program for G’Day Parks (formerly Top Parks) and Discovery Parks. With over 280 parks in the chain, it is definitely the largest chain in Australia.
Membership costs $50 for two years. Some of the benefits of this program include:-
- 10% discount up to $50 on bookings.
- The more frequently you stay the more benefits you unlock
- Exclusive partner offers
- Access to member only offers
NRMA PARKS & RESORTS
NRMA Parks & Resorts have 34 parks scattered along the east coast and in SA. There parks are in a variety of locations including inland and on the coast. If you are not a member of an automobile club you can join the NRMA Blue program for $30 a year. Other benefits include:-
- Stay for 4 and pay for 3
- Savings on fuel, insurance, movie tickets etc.
- 10% off for members of any of Australian Automobile Club
Family Parks have over 40 parks Australia wide (except WA). They also have a number of parks in New Zealand. Over 75% of their parks are pet friendly. Their Travel Rewards Program is $40 for two years and offers:-
- 10% off your stay at all Family Parks in Australia and New Zealand
(up to $20 per stay on sites and $40 per stay in cabins)
- Rewards deals and discounts
- 3rd Night Free voucher (conditions apply)
- Entry card for our Frequent Camper Competition
The CMCA is the Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia Limited so not actually a caravan park chain but their membership offers a lot. Membership is $44.00 for one year plus a one off joining fee of $16.50. Membership gives you:-
- Access to low cost, no frills accommodation – sometimes for as little as $3.00 per person, per night
- CMCA Member stop over – stay on other members properties
- Access to CMCA Dollarwise Parks
- CMCA Friendly Caravan Parks that offer members 10% or more off their current rates
- Discounts on insurance
- Club events
TAWK Membership is an initiative of Travelling Australia with Kids. We all know how expensive it can get to stay in a caravan park with kids. When you stay in a TAWKer Supporter caravan park and show your TAWK Membership you can get:-
- up to 2 nights free camping for your kids
- access to over 100 parks in the program Australia wide
- Discounts on goods and services
- Discounts on entry to attractions
I hope this gives you an idea of which caravan park membership will be of most value to you and your family when you are travelling Australia.