If you are looking to buy a second-hand caravan we understand how hard it can be to find one that will fulfill all your ‘travelling home’ requirements. With literally thousands on the market how do you know what to choose? With some help from the team at Green RV in Brisbane we are hoping to take some of that guess work away from that decision.
We recently got to road test a 2012 Regal RSV Luxury 22 foot caravan. After our last road test of a 2009 Regent Crusier van, it was great to be able to compare the two. So here is the low down on what we thought.
2012 REGAL RSV LUXURY CARAVAN
This van has an internal length of 22 foot so it is quite a big van. It has an ATM of 2620 and a ball weight of 175. It is a dual axle on-road van. Brenden commented not long after we drove out of the yard with it, that it felt fantastic to tow. Our Mazda BT50 hardly knew it was there.
A point of difference for this van is that it has a centre bathroom layout. This layout was not something that I thought would work really well or that I would like. But I have to say that did give and overall feeling of having more space. It also meant that there was some extra storage space next to the shower. Overall the amount of storage in this van was astonishing!
At some time I think the timber trims on the cupboard doors has been painted white to match the rest of the doors and this gave the whole van a lighter and more modern look. All the curtains and window fittings were in excellent condition. The air conditioner also worked very well and cooled the van down quickly.
- Loads and loads of storage room.
- Large cafe style dinette with the rear seat being extra long
- Cupboard just inside entry was ideal for storing shoes and gave extra bench space.
- Deep drawers next to fridge also meant extra bench space above them
- Full size Dometic 3 way fridge
- Full size sink
- Microwave above sink
- Oven, grill and cook top that looked like it had rarely been used
- Large bathroom in centre of van with concertina dividers for privacy
- Good size shower
- Full size queen bed with storage underneath
- Lots of power points
- Slide out BBQ plus storage
- Two gas bottles
- Three water tanks
- Two extra batteries
- Full length awning
- Anderson lead at tow hitch
- Two spare wheels
- Centre bathroom may not appeal to everyone
- Centre bathroom did reduce the space at the end of the bed
- No solar but could use portable
We really did like this van and the little bit of extra living area was a bonus. Brenden was really impressed with how well it towed especially as we were on some narrow and windy roads heading into Carnarvon Gorge.
I could really have seen myself living in this van for an extended period of time.
A good tip from us – if you are a little on the tall side go for a van where the upper cupboards open upwards. This van had cupboards that opened both upwards and outwards and I found myself almost hitting my head on the ones that opened outwards.
If you think this van might suit your needs it is currently available for purchase from Green RV in Brisbane.
Happy Travels……Brenden and Melissa