Being new to caravanning after many years of travelling with our camper trailer, we understand how daunting it can be when you start looking around for a second-hand van to buy. (We’ve looked at dozens over the last two years)
So over the next few months we will be reviewing a selection of second-hand vans that we think present great value for money and will suit a lot of different travelling styles. Many of these vans will be well-known brands in caravanning circles, so similar makes and models may be available in other areas.
2009 REGENT CRUISER CARAVAN
So lets take a look at this lovely 2009 Regent Cruiser Caravan currently available for purchase from Green RV in Brisbane.
Measuring 19’6′ and with a tare weight of 2070 and an ATM of 2470, this is a dual axle, on road van.
For it’s age, it has been very gently used and it is in excellent condition, both inside and out.
- Very comfortable full size queen bed – mattress was very clean with no stains or marks.
- Stove and grill were either brand new or had never been used.
- Water filter and separate tap fitted over sink
- Dometic three-way fridge that worked very well, especially the freezer
- Plenty of lighting through out the van
- Loads of storage
- Cupboards and drawers all opened, closed and locked properly – nothing came open whilst travelling
- Good amount of bench space
- Very comfortable ‘L’ shaped lounge
- Upholstery and curtains were in excellent condition and all very clean
- Plenty of power points
- JVC radio/DVD player and SONIQ television
- Roomy bathroom and shower with a toilet
- 2 x water tanks
- 2 x gas bottles
- extra battery
- No fold down table outside (but these can be easily added)
- No solar panels (but can add a portable one)
- Doesn’t have a tunnel boot
- No Anderson plug
- No grey water tank
WHAT BRENDEN LIKED
Brenden loved how beautifully this van towed. It tracked well behind the Mazda and didn’t feel like it tugged it around to much.
WHAT MELISSA LIKED
Even though we were only away for a few days in this van I loved how much storage there was in it. We also spent one evening sitting inside because it was blowing a gale and the seating was so comfortable and so was the bed!
Older vans tend to have less modern colours and interiors than what we see in new vans. To give it a touch of home, add a pretty quilt cover or some cushions. Look more at the outside and whether it is in good condition.
This van would suit both short term and long term travellers that just want to stick to the ‘black top’. It is not a van that would suit extreme off-road conditions but it would probably travel well on well maintained gravel roads as it appears to have good suspension underneath it.
***As always all opinions expressed in this post are our own and our advice does not replace doing your own research***